Wednesday, October 5, 2011

People I Meet

Gonna start a series on Wednesdays about the people I meet.  Working at a bar and health care I meet some, let's say 'interesting' people. I love people watching but I don't necessarily enjoy people talking.  Sometimes I find as soon as someone opens their mouth they start spraying their stupid all over me.  My thoughts my seem a little judgemental, but we all make judgements about people and you'll discover that once we get past those first thoughts about people and see who they really are, bad or good, we discover just how interesting people are.  I will probably poke some fun and quite frankly if you're offended by jokes then you don't need to read any further.  We gotta learn to laugh at the crazy and learn from the stupid.  And most importantly I gotta vent my frustrations about stupid people somewhere! LOL

So for today's 'People I meet' I'm gonna tell you about this crackpot I met a few weeks ago while hosting karaoke.  She looked fairly normal, which sometimes is very misleading and tried to have three conversations with me all while I was pretty busy working. All three conversations were scattered and made no sense.  When I'm busy I try not to pay attention to anything but the matter at hand.  She was pretty intoxicated and, as a rule, alcohol only enhances your true traits it does not change them.  So if you're annoying with alcohol in you, more than likely you're annoying sober as well.  She asked several questions but did not wait for the answers, just went onto the next subject that came out of her mouth. 

After the second conversation with her I pretty much completely ignored her, with a smile on my face, because she would get distracted and just walkaway mid-sentence like a crack-head!  So the third time she came up to me I was really not paying attention to her and at this point I was very done with her crazy talk.  Gotta keep in mind here when I say I was busy I mean I had 10-15 singers, people coming to ask me questions about karaoke songs, friends greeting me, and I was running the equipment.  Running the equipment is not like pressing play on a stereo, I have to adjust mic and music levels with each video and karaoke song I play.  I have to listen to the singer during their ENTIRE song to make sure it's sounds the best it can.  So quite often I am not able to have lengthy conversations with people, even people who I like having conversations with and NORMAL people understand this.  She asked if I had a business card and I just shook my head.  I wasn't lying because I didn't have one on me, but I really was just trying to ignore the subject.  I wasn't about to give this crazy person my contact information! LOL So then she starts harping on me not having a business card and insisting that I had one.  I just kept shaking my head 'no', and working because she was still talking to me while I was busy.  She started talking to me about her father having a recording studio, or some such nonsense and this triggered warning bells in my head.  No serious musician comes into a karaoke lounge looking for talent, at least not where I work. We do get a lot of posers though.  So the head shaking continued. She got angry and asked very indignantly 'are you not interested in talking me about this?' And I kept shaking my head 'no', all while smiling and working.  She snapped and went off on me and I was at the point where I was about to wrap my hands around her neck Homer-Simpson-Style and shake her to death.  So I left my booth and went to get security to get her away from me. 

The story doesn't go much further. She tried to complain about me and get me in trouble but I think her argument fizzled out and she walked away mid-sentence again. LOL I'm not sure if I would recognize this girl again if she walked in.  She never gave me a karaoke slip, so I don't know her name and she was pretty nondescript.  I wish she had been wearing outrageous purple leggin's and pink leg warmers so she'd be more identifiable in the future!  She just left me shaking my head and wondering what is WRONG with people!

No comments: