Wednesday, October 12, 2011

'Tis The Season

Coricula
Corporal Ethan
Halloween season that is! Growing up my mom always made or pieced together me and my sister's costumes. In kindergarten I was a ballerina, 1st grade she made this awesome tiger costume, 2nd grade a cheerleader, 3rd grade a rock star...after that the memories get kind of fuzzy.  But all the costumes were handmade/pieced together and probably super cheap and were always awesome!

I have continued that tradition, for the most part, because it's so much cheaper! Last year Cori was a vampire and the only thing I had to buy was make-up, Ethan was this awesome army man thanks to the dollar store and my face paint creativity, and Georgia wore one of her three Princess dresses that Cori passed down to her (the dresses are amazing, hand made by a friend's mom).
Cindergeorgia
So Halloween is a little over 2 weeks away and I've got two out of five costumes figured out.  A friend gave me a bunny costume for Georgia and she's ecstatic! She wants white gloves and a basket of eggs to carry around. Apparently she is going as the Easter Bunny! LOL Ethan wants to be a Clone Trooper from Star Wars but I convinced him to be Jedi Luke Skywalker because we already have a cape and a black outfit and a Lightsaber shouldn't be that hard or expensive to put together. 

Teacher of the Year & Clark Kent
Cori on the other hand is a totally different story. She has rejected all my cheap ideas (Rock Star, Soccer Player, etc) and said she wanted to be a dead bride.  Of course I put the brakes on the dead part, I hate scary Halloween.  If she had a white dress I could easily make her a vail and a bouquet to go with it, but alas she doesn't have a white dress.  A white dress wouldn't be a terrible investment since she could wear it to church after Halloween, but I just don't think I can afford it.  So I'm now putting my thinking cap on to see if I can come up with a cheap white dress either borrowed, made, or from Goodwill then I can handle the rest of the costume.

And after all this thinking about the kids costumes I'm totally burnt out and don't even want to think about costumes for me a Rob! Seriously, being poor is a lot of work! LOL We have some ideas, but I don't want to spill the beans just yet. We like to be original! LOL

No comments: